This site has a lot of pictures! Please be patient while site loads! Sit and Stay!
Choosing the Right Veterinarian for Your Dog!
So you are getting a dog….congratulations! One person that will play a critical role to ensure that your pup
lives a long, healthy life is the veterinarian. Have you chosen your new dog’s vet yet?
It is very important that you choose a vetinary professional that you are comfortable with. Location and
cost will also be important factors when making your decision. Below are a few tips to assist you with your
1. ASK FOR REFERRALS!! Talk to friends and neighbors that you trust.
2. Take a tour of the vetinary hospital that you are considering. Make sure that the
facility appears clean and organized. Take the time to speak with staff members.
The staff should be friendly and willing to answer your questions.
3. Make sure that the veterinary hospital has hours that are convenient for you.
Evening and weekend hours are a MUST for many.
6. Make sure emergency services are available. You never know when you may need them!
7. Choose a veterinarian who REALLY LISTENS, is willing to take time to answer all of your questions and
most importantly, is gentle with your pooch!
8. Ask if senior citizen or multi-pet discounts are available.
Choosing a veterinarianis an important task. Your vet will become your number one partner when it comes
to dealing with your dog’s health care. Word of mouth and recommendations from other dog owners is a great
way to begin your veterinarian search, however, it is very important that you do your own homework and
research as well.